Niagra Flapperless Toilet-Anyone have experience with these?

Old 09-24-06, 04:57 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Niagra Flapperless Toilet-Anyone have experience with these?

Hello All!

We decided to replace...rather than fix our old toilet (stuff to flusher handle kept breaking, and we couldn't find the right pieces to replace).

We bought a Niagra Flapperless....

Has anyone had any experience with these?

It was the only sweat free toilet we could find, price was good, and installation turned out to be a breeze! It's in, working and no problems!!! We're curious though of feedback from users here. We did go online and it seems it's received some great feedback on water conservation (great with us, we have an artesian well and septic system, no town water or sewer).

Old 09-26-06, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
That's the first I've heard of them. Went to the website and I have to say that this looks like a *great* idea. If they're available around here, I'll be looking into them.

Old 09-27-06, 05:41 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
If you search the forum archive I think you'll find a couple posts on the subject; I think I started one when I was looking for a replacement toilet for my Mom's house. Ultimately went with a traditional flush unit.

Old 09-27-06, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
So what's the downside to this toilet?

Old 10-01-06, 05:41 PM
D
Talking Fantastic improvement to the toilet!

Our water company gave us 2 of these toilets for free to replace other >4 gallon flush toilets. They're incredibly simple in design and work flawlessly. I have yet to find a down side to these. The flush is easy compared to a flapper and can't hang up as there's no chain.

I only wish there was a conversion product to upgrade my other toilet without actually replacing the complete appliance.

Old 10-16-06, 03:38 AM
M
Well all....

So far so good with the toilet! I have a home daycare, and all is going great with the flushing, to running...etc!

I havent' yet found anything negative regarding these yet online either, which is good, we kind of bought it "blind" as it was the only "sweatless" one they had in stock.....we were headed for insulated, but they didn't have any, and this was sweatless.

When we purchased it, there was a man replacing his toilet the same day, I mentiond no sweat, and we both ended up buying the same toilet. I ran into him again at HD and he is happy a well....

Now off to start the kitchen renovations we have planned and door replacements.....it doens't end :-(

Old 10-30-06, 04:26 PM
G
Thumbs down Problems with Flapperless

We have had some issues with these toilets, one problem is if when you flush the toilet, the blatter gets stuck on its side, tilted and then the water continues to flow. Remember we have installed about 660 of these toilets. We own a management company and have had about 10 toilets do this.
Originally Posted by m1e1b1s1
Hello All!

We decided to replace...rather than fix our old toilet (stuff to flusher handle kept breaking, and we couldn't find the right pieces to replace).

We bought a Niagra Flapperless....

Has anyone had any experience with these?

It was the only sweat free toilet we could find, price was good, and installation turned out to be a breeze! It's in, working and no problems!!! We're curious though of feedback from users here. We did go online and it seems it's received some great feedback on water conservation (great with us, we have an artesian well and septic system, no town water or sewer).

Old 11-03-06, 06:25 AM
M
We have had that happen twice....I couldn't figure out at first what caused it to run (with a well...not a good thing), but.....I also found if one just "taps" the flusher....that is when it happens....so I told the kids, push it down, if it is pushed all the way down, it comes back up and there are no problems!

Old 03-15-08, 01:52 PM
J
Cool Replacement

Yeah, there isn't a replacement kit, but I think you can save money and just buy the tank.

Old 03-23-08, 06:50 PM
B
Flapperless ??? What the ...

I just finished my master bathroom spending way more than my budget, going with travertine, glass tile, stone chair rail...the works...And it looks great!!!
I bought one of those flapperless toilets due to the adjustable tank clearance instead of a normal flapper with a 10 inch rough because it was in stock at Home Depot....I regret it!
The darn thing sounds like a whales mating after the water has filled up the tank and the float valve assembly leaks. I tried everything, cleaning the flush cap, running 25 gallons of water through the lines, adjusting the water height, adjusting water flow to the tank,making sure everthing is level- NO luck.
It seems as though when water pressure in the house is lowered (as in the case when my son started to take a shower) the thing made the ridiculious sound and started leaking. I am frustrated as h&^%.

Tapping the flusher does nothing but rock the interanl flush tank from side to side thereby making the float go up and down.....

No luck and enraged, I would never suggest buying one of these is this is how they work right out of the box.

Old 03-27-08, 03:37 PM
B
I retact that statement

Yeah there I was complaining abouut the flapperless toilet, leaking and making all kinds of sounds...Well ireturned the tank to Home Depot and tried another, it worked perfect and flushes great....I did email Niagra about it and they have not replied to me in a week. That is NOT good support! I called a 1 800 number but they gave me another number and I got the run around....If it doesn't work, return it and try another tank, it worked for me!!!

Old 10-21-08, 10:58 AM
S
I have 2 Niagara flapperless

I have 2 Niagara flapperless and been using for about 2 years. Very pleased with the performance.

Note:

They must be level.

You have to get used to pushing the handle all the way down EACH time you flush. You can easily check by pulling the handle back up if you think it is running.

The shut off sometimes needs to be adjusted by CAREFULLY bending the copper supply line in the tank.

The internals of the fill value are made by Fluidmaster (the rubber seal) if it does not shut off completely.

The 1.6 is the way to go, not the 1.3.

NOBODY sells these locally in Ohio, I ordered directly from the web site. The order arrive within 10 days, packaging was excellent, all parts arrived in good working order.

I would recommend this to anyone.

Steven Ledingham
sledingham@mac.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: