Where is the defrost timer!? Please Help

Old 04-27-09, 07:12 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where is the defrost timer!? Please Help

Hello friend, I am no expert in fridge what so ever. In question is jenn-air frost free model JRSI223.
It works, it does not cool. From the web search I did till now…fen works…light turns off when closing the door…engine runs, I can hear it, but no longer can I hear that noise every now and then when soothing turns on…you know what I mean… In the freezer at the bottom part, back wall I see some fine ice shaving typo of thing accumulated…I wiped it off… a bit of liking from that part as well… I assume that my ten year old daughter or I for that mater have left the freezer door open with a first ice cream of the season… might be two tree days that started… I vacuumed the back of the fridge where the condenser is… also just unplugged the fridge from the wall…in freezer to mention there is some cold air coming, so I think… by the research, I might be wrong, but if I reset that defrost timer I might be ok and fright might be cooling again…problem is I can not find defrost timer… I unscrew couple of screws from the freezer wall, but managed only to kind of peek into the upper part, as I do not know how to move the inner wall cover, and I scared not to brake something if I jerk it to hard…Can someone tell me where is this defrost timer…and what to do when I find it…. Thanks…

Old 04-28-09, 06:46 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not knowing you fridge by memory - the usual locations are with the defrost timer being right inside the same large plastic cover that the cold control is located at the top of the fridge compartment section. Or, if you take off the toe-kick it may be mounted right there behind it. Or may be mounted at same location only on the rear of the unit.

If you come back on line, I (or anyone else) can ask you more about some of the comments you made, as I do not understand some of what you said.

Old 04-28-09, 04:29 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you think the door was ajar then there will be too much frost buildup for the defrost system to deal with. Shut the box off, unload it, and let it sit overnight with the doors open. If your floors are wood, lay some towels all around. Nxt day, wipe up the inside, set the controls for the middle of the range and try it. The model # you posted was too short.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: