New Trane XL16I is this normal?

Old 05-28-06, 05:03 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Trane XL16I is this normal?

I piurchased this unit about 6 months ago, live in FL. I noticed now on the hotter days that the unit cannot keep the temperature in the afternoons. Usually it goes 2 to 3 degrees above what ever I have it set.

Also this unit pulls too much humidity out of the house. According to the humidity reader I am usually arout 33 to 37 percent humidity. Needless to say this is uncofortable as I wake up every moning with a dry mouth. I mentioned this to the company and they came out a couple times and simply increased the speed of the blowers to see if it helps but nada. Any suggestions? I placed the humidity meter outside the house and the normal humkidity was 75 percent.

My main concern is that when the panel on the blower comes out the insulation is so saturated with water that it drips all over the place, woud imagine this is not good as mold could build up? Is it normal for a unit to be collecting so much water on the insulation?

My settings are auto blower auto ac. I think the blowers right now is set to 400 cfm per ton, altough the little green light counts 1200 cfm total. The unit is a 4 ton and my house is about 2100 sqare feet under air.

I do not want to keep nagging the vendor if this things are normal, hence why I am asking the experts here!

Thanks in advanced for the replies.

Old 05-28-06, 06:54 AM
How many Ton is your system? (BTU)

You have a two stage system. so if you have a two stage t-stat, it will run on a longer run time in 1st stage.

Do you have a humidistat tied to the system?( or on t-stat?) If you do have it, turn up/off the set point.

What is your home set point? Do you leave the settings or change when you are home or away?

Old 05-28-06, 07:38 AM
R
Originally Posted by Jay11J
How many Ton is your system? (BTU)

You have a two stage system. so if you have a two stage t-stat, it will run on a longer run time in 1st stage.

Do you have a humidistat tied to the system?( or on t-stat?) If you do have it, turn up/off the set point.

What is your home set point? Do you leave the settings or change when you are home or away?
The unit is 4 ton, it is a two stage. I do not have a humidistat tied to system. I have the ac set up at 74 degrees at all times, in afternoons I seen it go as high as 77 altough the setting is at 74.

Old 05-30-06, 12:04 AM
R
Any other posters with experience on this unit that can tell me wether this is the things I am considering to be a problem is normal with this trane unit? or do I need to call for maintenance again?

Is three degrees off in the afternoon common?

is it normal for the unit to pull so much moisture out my home that it saturates the insulation inside the blower pannels?

Thanks

Old 05-30-06, 04:19 AM
Sounds like it may be slightly under sized. It's continuously running to try and keep the temp down and all that time it's removing humidity.

Did they do a load calculation previous to choosing the size of equipment ??

Old 05-30-06, 04:48 AM
Inside or outside of the blower panel is wet?

it should be wet inside. Outside, I can see that due to it's cooler surface, and if the air handler is in the attic.

Can you tell between stages high and low? Maybe it's not going into 2nd?

Old 05-30-06, 08:05 PM
R
It is wet inside the pannels "the insulation" They did not do a load calculation.

I can tell the differences between stages.

Old 05-31-06, 03:26 AM
on my last post when I said "it should NOT be wet".. sorry, I should of said it should not be wet inside..

I take it you have an air handler, and air hander is not used much up this way,. so I honestly don't know what to look for set up. If the dealer left the install manual be hind, take a look in it, an see if some baffle is needed. it sounds like blower is pulling the water off the coil and on to the sides.

When the house temp falls behind, does it stay into high stage?

Last edited by Jay11J; 06-02-06 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-02-06, 05:41 AM
R
Sorry did not repply sooner, parents visiting "on vacation" The unit stay on high stage when itlooses temperature. I am glad to hear that the unit should not be dripping wet inside. I contacted the company and they are sending someone out today.

Will post the results and findings, hope thy can fix this thing otherwise 8k down the drain

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: